This year's news on activities of our Joint Lab and open positions.
New IQS case study published by Liquid Instruments
Our team published a case study together with Liquid Instruments highlighting the use of the Moku:Pro instrument for optical atomic clocks.
Ph.D. thesis defence
Congratulations to J. Pahl to the successful completion of the doctoral degree!
Thesis title: „Atominterferometric experiments with Bose-einstein condensates in microgravity“
IQS hosting an INSQT Workshop
The third INSQT Workshop on Space Quantum Internet is hosted by our group! It focusses on developing global quantum networks and especially on enabling technologies and key components.
New Bachelor thesis / Master thesis / Studentische Hilfskraft (SHK) position available
We are looking for highly motivated students to work in an ultra-cold atom experiment which acts as a test-bed for developing micro-integrated technologies and for quantum memories. More details can be found in the open positions section.
Two new proceeding paper in SPIE. Digital Library
New position available
We are looking for a research assistant (Ph.D. / postDoc) for the BMBF flagship project AeroQGrav. Within this project, a gravimeter for use onboard an airplane is to be built, for which we provide the autonomously working laser system. Find details for application in our open position section and the webpage of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
IQS at ICOLS 2023
Our Matter wave team is in Estes Park, Colorado at ICOLS 2023 and presenting our latest results on atom interferometry on long time-scales in microgravity. The conference is a get-together of the laser spectroscopy, matter wave and quantum technology communities, providing a great venue for networking.
IQS at INSQT Workshop 2023
Our Atomic Quantum Memories in Space and Miniaturization teams have been invited to give talks during a workshop hosted by The International Network in Space Quantum Technologies (INSQT). The workshop has been a productive environment to connect and brainstorm on space-related quantum technologies and missions. Find some impressions of our speakers in the conferences gallery!
Stay tuned for the next INSQT workshop on the Space Quantum Internet, hosted by us in august!
New gallery images
DPG Frühjahrstagung (SAMOP) was a great opportunity to reach out with our research, to network and to get inspired for new collaborations and projects. Find some impressions in the new gallery!
DPG Frühjahrstagung (SAMOP)
We present our activities at the DPG Frühjahrstagung 2023 in Hanover! Come and visit us at one of the following venues:
- Proposal for a long-lived quantum memory using matter-wave optics with Bose-Einstein condensates in microgravity by E. Da Ros et al. (A 19.3): 08.03.2023, 3:00 PM
- Development of micro-integrated optical systems for atom-based quantum sensors by C. Zimmermann et al. (Q 17.5): 07.03.2023, 12:15 PM
- A strontium optical clock based on Ramsey-Bordé spectroscopy by A. Mahdian et al. (Q 47.2): 09.03.2023, 11:30 AM
- Towards a Spaceborne Two-Photon Rubidium Frequency Reference by J. Kluge et al. (Q 51.8): 09.03.2023, 4:15 PM
- A compact strontium optical clock based on Ramsey-Bordé spectroscopy by O. Fartmann et al. (Q 59.38): 09.03.2023, 4:30 PM
- Development of Two Laboratory Two-Photon Frequency References by M. Eisebitt et al. (Q 59.39): 09.03.2023, 4:30 PM
- Recent Progress of a miniaturized all diode laser based strontium lattice clock by M. Schlösinger et al. (Q 59.40): 09.03.2023, 4:30 PM
- Development of a Miniaturized Two-photon Frequency Reference Towards Application on a Small Satellite Mission by D. E. Kohl et al. (Q 59.42): 09.03.2023, 4:30 PM
- Towards a Micro-Integrated Optically Pumped Magnetometer for Biomagnetism in Space by K. Vardhan et al. (QI 23.29): 08.03.2023, 4:30 PM
- Additive manufacturing, micro-integration and semiconductor fabrication for compact cold atom systems by M. Christ et al. (QI 23.30): 08.03.2023, 4:30 PM
- Space-borne quantum memories for global quantum networking by M. Gündogan et al. (QI 33.2): 09.03.2023, 2:45 PM
- Portable warm vapor memory by M. Jutisz et al. (QI 33.5): 09.03.2023, 3:30 PM
Happy New Year!
We wish everybody a joyful and productive 2023 and are looking forward to exciting projects and collaborations!
Master thesis defense
Congratulations to G. Kaplan to the successful completion of the master’s degree!
Master thesis defense
Congratulations to M. Humaira to the successful completion of the master’s degree!
New article in Quantum Science and Technology
Report in INSQT
Prof. Özgür Müstecaplıoğlu visited us at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin in August and tells from his extended research visit, made possible by the International Network in Space Quantum Technologies (INSQT)